rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] Re: Slinky and tinyX (and packages links)

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Re: Slinky and tinyX (and packages links)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 06:09:27 +0100

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 22:45:25 at 10:45:25PM -0500, Michael Fratoni
(address@hidden) wrote:

> I can make the packages available. I'd prefer not to put them up on my
>
> If anyone needs help getting this working, just yell, and I'll do what I
> can. I'll post the source package and a link shortly.

Michael, and everybody:

please remember that we have the SW database engine
(http://www.rule-project.org/en/sw/) up and running now. It has fields
where one can enter:

        short description
        links to:
                home page
                source tarball
                RPM package
        other info

Kdrive/Tinyx already has one incomplete entry. The right thing to do,
for this, Miniconda, Slinky and any other contribution, is to:

        place source and RPM package wherever it is best
                (stuff done inside RULE of course has place on our
                web server)
        adjust the source and RPM entries in our database accordingly

        write/maintain on the RULE site an home page for any original
        contribution

I can take care of editing/uploading the "home page" part, but the
main thing is to get the source/RPM links in the database right (and,
later,where it makes sense, register any application/package on
Freshmeat).

Michael already has the password for the database. Everybody else
willing to enter an application, please look at the fields in that
page, and email all them in text format to rule, at rule-project.org.
I'll provide an online form to do this in a second moment.

        Ciao, and thanks,
                        Marco Fioretti