rule-list

Re: [RULE] Shorewall - the perfect Firewall for Slinky-installed Systems

From: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Subject: Re: [RULE] Shorewall - the perfect Firewall for Slinky-installed Systems
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:15:42 -0600

At 09:22 12/29/2003, Ingo Lantschner wrote:
just wanted to inform all Users of Slinky, that there is a perfect
addition to Slinky-installed systems: Shorewall from
http://shorewall.sourceforge.net/ installes fine and without any
dependency-problems on Slinky 0.3.97. Its easy to configure through 3 or 4
simple textfiles in /etc/shorewall.

I've been using Shorewall since version 1.2.7. It works beautifully, is easy and simple to configure, and the author not only spends considerable time improving it but also does a great job of providing (slightly grumpy) support on the users' mailing list.

Excellent program... I now have it running on over 60 Linux boxes and has become my only tool for configuring iptables.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
address@hidden