samizdat-devel

Re: user barrier - ambiguity about "content" vs "upload content from fil

From: Dmitry Borodaenko
Subject: Re: user barrier - ambiguity about "content" vs "upload content from file"
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 13:34:45 +0000

On 2/2/07, boud <address@hidden> wrote:
the http://samizdat.axxs.org demo site :)

Nice one ;-)

(...)
His/her natural interpretation, based on the idealised logical axiom
that A==A, or "content" == "content", is that the box for uploading a
file is intending for uploading *text* from a file.

And they might be right: it used to be possible to upload texts, too.
I just tried that and found that it no longer works due to a bug that
I'll try to fix.

One other thing that used to confuse people here was that they assumed
that upload was in addition to the text, not in place of it. Whatever
text we choose, we need to make sure we don't reintroduce this
confusion.

How about something like this:

"Alternatively, upload a file (formats supported: %s)", where %s is
formed from config['format'].

--
Dmitry Borodaenko