New snapshot: use HTML Tidy binary in Sanitize

From: Dmitry Borodaenko
Subject: New snapshot: use HTML Tidy binary in Sanitize
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 18:38:34 +0300

This snapshot is a must for anyone using Samizdat with Ruby that
includes recent security fixes in DL library (e.g. Ruby 1.8.7-p72).
Even if you only use Samizdat release 0.6.1, read on: you may find
this update useful.

The DL fixes broke the Ruby/Tidy library [0], and I don't know enough
about DL to fix the root cause, so I had to implement a workaround:
invoke HTML Tidy binary via pipe (File.popen) instead of using the
dynamic library. The code is generic enough, so if you pass it a path
to .so library, it will still try to use library instead of the

The changes are backwards-compatible and isolated to sanitize.rb. To
use this fix with older Samizdat versions, all you need to do is copy
over sanitize.rb from this snapshot. I did just that with the
samizdat-0.6.1 package in Debian/unstable.

As usual, the snapshot can be downloaded from:

The versions of Debian packages with this fix are 0.6.1-2 (unstable)
and (experimental).

Dmitry Borodaenko