savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] Future of new CVS handling

From: Marcus Hardt
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Future of new CVS handling
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 20:35:33 +0100

Hi Mathieu!

I'm just starting with the CVS handling. So far I've seen what you modified in
sv_groups, the DB and in the frontend.

I will want to add three modifications to that:

1. The dir_type_cvs = "subdir-cvs" creation method will need a parameter. Thus
I'd like to add dir_type_cvs_paramset, dir_type_homepage_paramset and
dir_type_download_paramset, which would contain a list of parameters,
separated by ';' used for future extensions.

2. The dir_type_* tool should be changeable per group as well. I'd add the
tables and the code. This will raise the security issue: Project admins could
start hacking, by using a leading '/' for the dir_homepage for instacne. For
apache (web and download) that might be save, for cvs this isn't.
We need to rely on proper coding of sv_groups and all the *.pm modules.
This can be done, by treating the directory given for the group as a
subdirectory of the group_type. For example: <group_type.dir_cvs>/
<group.dir_cvs>

3. I foresee that the group configuration will depend on the
dir_type_<feature> chosen in the group_type. I.e. the parameters that can be
specified by a group-admin might be a checkbox, a selection or an input
field.

What do you think?

--
Marcus