[Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #253424] News/information sources

From: Ward Vandewege via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #253424] News/information sources
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:22:25 -0400

> [beuc - Tue Oct 04 04:32:50 2005]:
> The Savannah volunteers are the first people contacted when there is a
> problem in a Savannah project, which includes any service we offer,
> even those we do not admnister directly such as webpages and mailing
> lists.
>
> In this regard it would be good to know about any change in those
> services to answer appropriately to the users. For example, there are
> spam-related solutions at www.gnu.org that we never heard of, yet we
> could point people to them when they experience spam issues.

We have something that is not quite up to standard, and would therefore
prefer it not to be publicly announced just yet.

We are working on a permanent solution for the spam problem, and plan to
roll it out in a few months.

> Do you have some mailing lists or other sources of information to get
> notified of related works? Or could you consider creating some?

We propose to create a private list called sysadmin-discuss for this
purpose. Does that sound good to you?

Thanks,
Ward.

--