[Savannah-hackers-public] sync-on-commit

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] sync-on-commit
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 02:04:11 +0100

Hi,

1) I'm ready to start calling new.py on each new commit in /web
repositories (sync-on-commit).

Technically, I think you could desactivate the hourly cron job.

Also, maybe new.py can conflict with the hourly cron job, if both are
activated at the same time.

Any comment on this?

Info:

The loginfo line is like:
ALL /usr/bin/curl http://...../...../new.py -s -F type=non-gnu -F
project=testyeight

I have a script in /subsystems/cvs/root/generate_log_accum.pl that
recreates all CVSROOT hooks.

This just takes care of the delay issue. Complete interaction would
namely include project relocation on group type change (non-GNU ->
GNU...).

Questions on future design:

2) Requests like
https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=3580
would imply performing changes on the checked out working copy (in
this case, running texi2html on the texi file).
- would that be possible at www.gnu.org, after the cvs update?
- would it be acceptable to do so at Savannah, then have nadesico
rsync the directory (instead of cvs update)

3) If I say: let's support GNU Arch instead of CVS
for web repositories.

Or even: let's support direct (non-SCM) access to the web pages.

Does that sounds acceptable to you? Both kind of access were requested
by users.