[Savannah-hackers-public] address@hidden: lists.gnu.org update]

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] address@hidden: lists.gnu.org update]
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 21:10:21 +0100

----- Forwarded message from Justin Baugh <address@hidden> -----

Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 16:50:26 -0500
From: Justin Baugh <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: lists.gnu.org update

Sylvain,

An update on lists:

We moved the exim and mailman queues to a separate SCSI array last night
(we're lucky to have had one donated recently). This has greatly
improved the situation, as there is not so much contention for disk
between the various exim and mailman processes.

There are about 92,000 messages in exim's queue - mailman was aided
greatly by the disk upgrade, so its outbound queue is finally empty of
backlog.

We hope that over the next 24-48 hours all the messages in the backlog
will be delivered. We are also seeing a major increase in overall
Mailman performance, so list delivery times should improve considerably
in the future.

-Justin

--
Justin Baugh (baughj at gnu dot org)