Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mailman gate_news failing

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mailman gate_news failing
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:19:11 -0600

    Do you know if the news gateway is actually supposed to work?

Well, not for a fact, personally; I haven't looked at gnu newsgroups in
a long time.

However, Justin indicated that it was all fallout from the
broken/readonly configurations, and indeed, after he made the restores,
I reenabled the cron job and it worked again.  So that is good.  (I
added a filter to avoid getting mail every five minutes that 99.9% of
the lists have no news gateway.)

Best,
karl