Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git-to-cvs for coreutils

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git-to-cvs for coreutils
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:57:42 +0100

Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 03:21:58PM +0100, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
>> >
>> > That's a good compromise.
>> > I've just added comments to that effect in that file.
>>
>> Good.
>
> I installed git v1.4.4.1 manually with going through Debian
> packaging. It lies in /usr/local/ (instead of /usr).
>
> Can you check whether it works correctly for your hook script, and
> then remove /usr/bin/git-cvsexportcommit?
>
> Thanks,

Sure.  I'll try it right now, since I happen to have some changes
I can push...

Whoops.  I can't push at all:  No /usr/bin/git-shell

  $ git-push sv
  Failed to exec /usr/bin/git-shell: No such file or directory at
/usr/local/bin/sv_membersh line 135.
  [Exit 128]

So I temporarily changed /usr/local/bin/sv_membersh to invoke
/usr/local/bin/git-shell instead, then ran my test.
Then I changed it back (to the non-working state).

My test showed that the /usr/local/bin tools do work properly.