[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: savannah pingable, but not responding to s

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: savannah pingable, but not responding to ssh
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:44:11 +0100

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 08:40:19AM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> Do I (as one with root access) have console access to savannah?
>
>   $ ssh -l root sv.gnu.org
>   ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
>   [Exit 255 (0)]
>
> If not, what's the procedure to reboot it?
>
> As I'm sure you know, it's been very unreliable over the last day or so.
> This is not good at all...
>
> I suppose I should be subscribed to some mailing list
> where this is being discussed.  Which one is it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jim

Hi,

There was first a kernel crash, followed by a RAID5 crash. Nice day...

A couple of us has access to a console (some kind of serial
access). We can see with sysadmin@ for granting you access.

This wasn't discussed on a mailing list afaics - there was some chat
at #savannah but I wasn't here. savannah-hackers-private also got some
mails about just now.

Why do you say SV was unreliable?