Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Git on savannah

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Git on savannah
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 23:27:34 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 04:11:32PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
>     I'm rather aiming at the opposite - find mirrors for the download
>     areas.
>
> >From working on GNU and TeX mirroring, I am in touch with a few people
> who might be willing to do this.  Can you tell me what you'd like to
> have mirrored and how much space we're talking about?

Essentially, I'd like to mirror the download areas, that is
http://dl.sv.gnu.org/releases/ . It currently amounts to 5GB.

It is likely it grows this year, as we switched to a more convenient
upload system.

I was wondering how/whether Savannah could in the long term use the
GNU mirrors for the non-GNU areas, with a simple load-balancing system
based on Geo::IP (I already sent you similar code a couple months ago
:))