Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] new mailman cron job

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] new mailman cron job
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 17:50:31 -0500

    I was surprised to see how small the directory was, too.

Several volunteers have been beavering away for a while.  They have
deleted many, many, thousands of messages, as you've seen, and been
listhelpering like mad, too.  I've deleted some myself too :).

    If it were really big, it _might_ be worthwhile to filter via find

I actually thought about that, but it made the logic and the combination
of the two programs (lmpending and dumpallconf) a lot more complex, so I
shrugged.  I guess it would decrease the number of disk accesses, so I'm
sure it would be faster, but gee, it already runs in a couple of seconds
at nice 20, that seemed fast enough to me :).

Cheers,