[Savannah-hackers-public] Contributing to savannah.gnu.org

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Contributing to savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 23:44:28 +0200

Hi,

I'm Sylvain from the Savannah Hackers team, and I write to you because
you volunteered to work on the Savannah source code - thanks!

The GNU Volunteers Coordinators team sent us your e-mail addresses,
along with your initial reply to their mail. I'm pretty pleased to see
that 12 people are willing to give a hand to the reference 100% free
hosting platform :)

To avoid stepping on each others' toes, we opened a wiki page
containing a list of the priority tasks at our wiki at:

https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SavaneTasks

The wiki is open, you can all edit it.

Once you've read the page, I suggest you add your name in the tasks
that you are interested in contributing to, after the "Assigned to"
text (there can be several people on the same task).

The code is managed through Git. Since it is a distributed version
control system, you can clone and branch it right now. This is
probably a good way to start hacking the code (more detail on the wiki
page).

I also know that the call for help may have happened several weeks
ago, and maybe you have other priorities just now. If that's the case,
please let us know!

We have an IRC channel at #savannah on FreeNode. To get acquainted
with each others, I suggest you join channel and say hi! :)

Feel also free to reply to all if you have questions (if you have
private concerns you can write to me at address@hidden).

Once you are more familiar with the code, and decided what you would
like to improve, I suggest we setup an IRC meeting to get in sync.

Hear from you soon,