Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Project Submissions

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Project Submissions
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 21:41:43 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 12:52:23AM +0100, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to help in reviewing project submissions.

Cool!

For a start, I suggest you have a look at projects that were approved
at Savannah without source code, because the submitter was willing to
write free software but needed a place to host it and manage his team
before to write real code.

Now we need to check their code as if they submitted it for the first
time. This way we can check that they are relying on truly free
software, and teach them about copyright and copyleft best practices.

Here is a direct link to the tasks for each projects:
https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?go_report=Apply&group=administration&func=browse&set=custom&msort=0&report_id=110&advsrch=0&resolution_id=0&assigned_to=0&priority=0&category_id=3&status_id=1&history_search=0&history_field=0&history_event=modified&history_date_dayfd=8&history_date_monthfd=10&history_date_yearfd=2007&chunksz=50&spamscore=5&boxoptionwanted=1#options

I think it would be good to:

- read https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ProjectApproval to get a
  good overview of the approval process. Also check the savannah.el
  (or savannah.vim) example answers.

- pick one of the pending projects in the list above, and write a
  reply to the project submitter

- before posting the reply to the tracker, send it me or another
  Savannah admin so we can discuss it (and once we're OK you can post
  it to the tracker)

- feel free to join #savannah and have a little chat :)

Is that ok with you?

Cheers,