Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] update to rsync 3.0.0?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] update to rsync 3.0.0?
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 01:08:53 +0100

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 04:47:48PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
> Sylvain and all,
>
> Would it be feasible/desirable to upgrade rsync on savannah to the
> just-released 3.0.0?  It has the extremely useful (IMHO) feature of
> doing incremental transfers for the file lists, which means it starts up
> a lot faster (-> less chance of network timeouts) and consumes less
> memory.

Hi,

We stick to Debian stable to avoid maintaining security updates by
hand, except for a very few packages that we maintain manually or get
from active backports.org packages (see "manually maintained packages"
in the wiki).

The fact it was just released makes me fear we'll run into troubles.

This means that the one who install it will have to commit to its
security updates and user support - not me :p