Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Exact Search patch

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Exact Search patch
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 17:50:02 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 05:46:29PM -0400, Nicodemo Alvaro wrote:
> Hello, Sylvain. This is Nick again who wrote to you under the address@hidden
> email.

The patch applies like a charm now :)
Great.

> print_search_heading(), because it will allow me to place a function between
> the Header and the full results Heading on the frontend/php/search/index.php.
> If I place a function before the original search_send_header() function on
> index.php it will appear at the top of the page and not inside the body.

This looks good.
(I also had to reference a few 'global' in print_search_heading() though)

> accepts the array fine. I am not very good at testing SQL bad stuff either.

I modified this part of the code and included it in Savane :)

You can see your changes here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=savane-cleanup.git;a=commitdiff;h=baf1000ec220eb482755e223452987f8f11d1ca9
and my additions at:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=savane-cleanup.git;a=commitdiff;h=5e52ab61c006227384d5c5e63b8dbbcf3fea5973

I also installed the new code at savannah.gnu.org.

To test SQL queries, you can edit your .savane.conf.php, and add:
$sys_debug_on=true;

This will add a list of all complete/interpolated SQL queries at the
bottom of the page.

Btw, I appreciate not receiving advertising in the mails ;)
I still have some troubles as it seems I get HTML-only mails, but this
is definitely better.

When you feel confident that the code runs fine at Savannah and
there's no bug, we could tell RMS that this improved the search
results for 'emacs', as he requested.