[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Membership request for group GNU LilyPond

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Membership request for group GNU LilyPond Music Typesetter
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 23:30:46 +0200

Hi,

This is a bit different than what is usually done, because currently
repository permissions are based on Unix groups. These seperate
branches would get permissions of a finer grain. Maybe they could be
implemented using setfacl.

So this requires a bit of web interface to define the new repositories
and the permissions, and a bit of backend job to create the
repositories on the filesystem (in /srv/git/$project/$subrepo.git).

Currently our backup system doesn't support ACLs, but if these ACLs
can be recreated from the subrepositories definition that wouldn't be
a problem.

If you're interested in this feature, the more efficient is to submit
a patch :)
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=savane-cleanup.git

Cheers,