[Savannah-hackers-public] new fronpage text

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] new fronpage text
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:36:53 -0400

Hi all,

John suggest it on the #savannah channel that we should maybe change the
frontage text, which I think it was a pretty good idea since I think
that the current text doesn't represent what is Savannah at all.

Here is my proposal:

Savannah, as many other sites, it's a forge, with a big different, we
only host free software. All the software that you can find here it
was reviewed and verified that doesn't have any license problem which
include dependencies.

Savannah aim to be a central point for development, maintenance and
distribution of GNU Software and for projects that are free but not
part of the GNU project we provide savannah.nongnu.org.

If your project it's part of Savannah, it means that it was approved
as part of the GNU project or at least as a Free Software that runs
on free platforms and use only free dependencies.

We want to provide, as far as we can, a good piece of software to help
with the work that lead a project needs.

Savannah also provides space for GUGs that may need a space to
centralize their work.

We provide two mailing-lists that you may want to subscribe to:

 * savannah-announce: low-volume notifications of important issues and changes
at Savannah
 * savannah-users: discussion of savannah-announce and any user-oriented topic

The software used to run Savannah is being developed by the Savane
project. The Levitating, Meditating, Flute-playing Gnu logo is a GNU
GPL'ed image provided by the Nevrax Design Team.

Reviews, correction and  news idea will be good. Also there's a different
text for sv.nongnu.org, should we make it the same? there's a reason why
the text are different?.

Regards,