[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #348523] Mapping Savannah project

From: Yavor Doganov via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [gnu.org #348523] Mapping Savannah projects to http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/X/
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:43:04 -0400

This is an old request regarding translation teams renaming which
involves joint GNU sysadmins + Savannah hackers action (sorry!).

I'm feeling uneasy to reopen it, but AFAICT it is not yet resolved.

I believe you have all the details in the RT log; it basically boils
down to renaming all translation projects as www-LANG and mapping
their Web CVS repositories to
gnu.org/server/standards/translations/LANG.

The renaming of the projects + mailing lists was done long time ago.

Can we get this moving (not something urgent, but I'd feel better if
this goes away of my head)?  It "only" needs the final push.

As agreed with the webmasters, the URL's should have the `www-' part
stripped as it is redundant, e.g.

The "www-ca" project should have its root at

gnu.org/server/standards/translations/ca

and likewise the "www-zh-cn" project at

gnu.org/server/standards/translations/zh-cn

Thanks in advance.