Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #365733] Helping Improve Savannah

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #365733] Helping Improve Savannah Volunteer
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 12:13:58 -0600

Karl Berry wrote:
>     Right now once spam is posted it can never be removed.  It can only
>     be collapsed into a small font tag if five people vote that it is
>     spam.
>
> BTW, isn't that an awfully high barrier?  I don't know of any other
> system that requires more than one admin to look at it and say it's
> junk.  I can understand how one random savannah user shouldn't be able
> to declare any random post is spam, but if the user is a project or
> savannah admin, how about taking their word as gospel?

I think that if you are voting on a spam in a project for which you
are listed as admin then you get five votes.  So for your own projects
you can vote it to be spam yourself.  But for other projects where you
are not listed as an admin then you only get one vote.  But even for
your own projects the spam isn't really removed.

What I would like to see is something like what the Debian folks have
which is to flag a bug as having spam in it and have a moderator team
work through those and do the cleanup.  That seems to work fairly
well.

> Anyway, Andrew, as you can see, lots for you to contemplate :).

Yes.  Definitely a lot to think about! :-)

Bob