Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: savannah cvs import delay

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: savannah cvs import delay
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 23:34:05 +0200

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 07:22:40PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> I see the gnuspool group does exist in the vcs-noshell /etc/group now.
> So is there simply is a (cron?) delay between approving a project and
> having it show up, or is there another step that I did not do?
>
> (And that I missed or is missing from
> https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ApprovingSubmission and/or
> https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ImportingCVSRepository ...)
>
> Anyway, thanks for taking care of it.

Hi Karl,

There is a cron delay indeed, one to replicate Savannah DB groups to
the 'accounts' system, then another to replicate the groups to other
VServers, and a 3rd one to create repositories in 'vcs-noshell'.
Which usually take ~1h.

However, there was also a kernel upgrade with a new version of VServer
which introduced some changes in the network configuration, which
prevented 'accounts' from accessing the database, hence breaking the
chain.  As the network work down, it didn't send mail either, so we
weren't notified immediately.  That's what took most of the time.