[Savannah-hackers-public] SSL certificates

From: Noah Slater
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] SSL certificates
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:09:46 +0100

Hey all,

I just installed Firefox 3 and when visiting Savannah I see this:

  http://g.photos.cx/error-e3.png

That's the full screen website as displayed in my browser.

Not exactly what one could call a good user experience, and certainly not what I
imagine GNU wanting as a first impression for this wonderful service.

A quick glance over Google results for "ssl certs" shows that certificates can
be purchased for around £30 per year, which isn't very expensive at all.

Would it be possible to get a trusted certificate for Savannah?

Oh, and in case anyone rebuts with "donations welcome" I will preemptively nudge
you in the direction of the ThankGNUs for the last two years. Heh.

Thanks,

--
Noah Slater, http://bytesexual.org/nslater