Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] CAcert, IceCat, and savannah

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] CAcert, IceCat, and savannah
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 23:33:13 -0400

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 7:40 PM, Karl Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
> Reactions, please?

Well, I am one of the 99.999% of users (1) who could care less about
the security certificate. What might bother most users and me
sometimes is another pop up for something secure or not.

So what if we were to go for a certified secure Certificate Authority
reviewed by an independent auditor. Does it mean we are secure?
According to the report says that digicert passed the audit there are
some limitations (2). They reviewed it for the first quarter this
year. What about the other quarters?

1. http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog30/presentations/bellovin.pdf Page 13
2. https://cert.webtrust.org/SealFile?seal=789&file=pdf