Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] any need for a perl monger?

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] any need for a perl monger?
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:06:20 +0200

Hi Steve,

Before getting deep in the Savannah project moderation lintian-like
tool, Yavor just pointed me that we're in need of a quicker Perl job:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106478

which is to implement a size limit in CVS commit mail notifications.
The reason is that (non)gnu.org mailing lists have a size limit of
40kB (for bandwidth reason, just multiply by 1000 members and see :))

They are sent by this tool:

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/ccvs/contrib/log_accum.pl?revision=1.55&root=cvs&view=markup

which isn't very complex.

Would you be interested in implementing this feature?

Thanks,