[Savannah-hackers-public] A project submission review

From: Sebastian Gerhardt
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] A project submission review
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:11:44 +0100

Hello,

this is a project review for the project "libtermui".

Project name: libtermui
https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?8890

Licensing:
The complete project is licensed GPL compatible. (OK)
A copy of the verbatim license is included. (OK)
All non-trivial source files bear an appropriate copyright & license
notice on the top. (OK)

Intelligible. (OK)
A list of the supported/tested platforms would be nice,
but is not a must.

Most of the files are licensed under GPL v3+, some
are under GPL2+, one under X. This makes the whole project
a GPL3+ project, but the description says it is 2+.

It is recommended to update all files from 2+ to 3+ in order
to maintain consistency.

Dependencies:
Neither proprietary dependencies nor recommendations. (OK)

Terms used:
The term Linux is used only in the proper kernel context,
and for technical reasons in the built scripts,
according to http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html. (OK)

Conclusion:
I could not find anything which would prevent this project
from inclusion. Therefore, I recommend to approve
this project on first review.

The maintainer should be asked to update the
old licenses to GPLv3+ and the description in due time.

Hope this helps
Sebastian