[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Sebastian is a now a new project member

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Sebastian is a now a new project member
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:12:49 +0100

Hi,

> I have still some questions regarding project approvals.
> - What is the purpose of "ready for test" in the status dropdown?

It's a generic status that we can remove - I just did so.

> - What is difference between "Approved projects to be reviewed" and
> "Project approval" in the category dropdown?

"Approved projects to be reviewed" is for projects that were approved
but still need to be reviewed again later.  Most of the case this
means they were accepted without source code.  Do you have a more
intuitive wording to suggest? :)

> - How to deal with projects submissions that do not have any
> source code to show yet? Is it okay to give such projects "a try"
> once the maintainer promised to comply with the requirements?
> Maybe with a agreed upon deadline for retrospectively approval.

We initially did that (with the "Approved projects to be reviewed"
category).  However in practice we didn't have the time to review
those projects later on, and the project submitters didn't ask us for
the review. A lot of projects also just didn't progress and stayed
empty.

So we tend to avoid such projects. If you want to take responsibility,
you can accept the project and review it later on. This isn't a very
clean situation.