Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Revisiting hosted wiki software

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Revisiting hosted wiki software
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 18:05:04 -0600

    So if I understand correctly, a closed wiki restricted to GNU projects
    members wouldn't have this problem - just like webpages.

Right.

    Similarly a closed wiki with a "comment" feature would be fine as it
    clearly distinguishes between staff content and user-contributed
    content. Am I right?

I don't know.  Have to ask rms.

    Is this documented anywhere?

Not that I know of.  I'll try to get rms to write something about it for
maintain.texi.  There is some discussion in the g-p-d archives.

    I never stumbled upon this issue.

I only know about myself because I was cc'd on a discussion between rms
and Paolo Bonzini about a smalltalk wiki.

    We also have wiki.GNUarch.com which is open,

Doesn't come up for me ...

    and the Savannah maintenance wiki too.

I'm under the impression you monitor changes to that?
Fortunately, judging by my occasional meandering around that wiki, it
doesn't seem to be an issue.

Thanks,
karl