Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] interested in helping

From: Jacobo Najera
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] interested in helping
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:10:41 -0600

2009/1/24 Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
Hi,

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 12:41:10PM -0600, Jacobo Nájera wrote:
> Sylvain Beucler escribió:
> > On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 05:56:27PM -0600, Jacobo Nájera wrote:
> >> I am interested in helping in the areas of systems management.
> >>
> >> I have experience in managing services like ftp, http, ssh, smtp and
> >> others. is not much time I have experience but want to learn, lately I'm
> >> driving with linux-vserver gr-security.
> >
> > Hi Jacobo,
> >
> > We maintain a task/wish list at:
> > http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/TasksList
> > Are you directly interested in a task there?
> Clean-up mailing lists from old spam

Cool. The archives are available at ftp://lists.gnu.org . Can you have
a look at them?

Yes I can

> and translation web interface
> transifex.org

Nice. Btw I added a note about Pootle's recent development in the
wiki. You could start by documenting in what way Transifex can be used
at Savannah. You could also contribute to the development of Pootle
(but this is development rather than system administration).

 If I am concerned that I am entrusting to convert formats. Po Spanish. I will investigate and implement Transifex

> > Do you know LDAP?
>
> I do know more less open LDAP, I used with postfix

OK, I asked because we are thinking about switching from our scripted
SQL -> adduser replication to a LDAP-based setup.

For privileges: we won't grant you access to Savannah immediately, but
if you show interest and skills this can quickly change :)

I understand, no problem, you can assign some other task at the moment.

Note: please keep the list in Cc:.

Jacobo Nájera