Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] robots.txt disallows all spiders for maili

From: Karl Berry
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 17:24:45 -0500

I am under the impression that lists.gnu.org hardware has not changed
since the no-robots policy was made, and that it is still the
dual-2.4ghz machine I donated a couple years ago.  That's what
/proc/cpuinfo (and the fact that it's still running FC2) seems to
indicate, anyway.

I seem to recall a discussion with Danny Clark that the hardware update
to lists.gnu.org (and maybe other machines) is stalled on coreboot
development.  Maybe I got it wrong.

I also believe the no-robots decision was about load on lists.gnu.org,
not policy.  Personally, I look forward to the day when lists.gnu.org is
indexed.

Anyway, this is all up to the sysadmins.  We are powerless to effect any
change.

karl