[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: prevent merge commits?

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: prevent merge commits?
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 23:56:23 +0200

Hi Jim,

Thanks for adding the hook to prevent merge commits.  However, it seems
that it may be rejecting other commits too.  To reproduce I just checked
out gnutls, updated gnulib files and tried to push the changes (I put
gnulib files in the gnutls repository).  I get:

Counting objects: 23, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (12/12), done.
Writing objects: 100% (12/12), 1.35 KiB, done.
Total 12 (delta 11), reused 0 (delta 0)
*** Project description file hasn't been set
error: hooks/update exited with error code 1
error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To address@hidden:/srv/git/gnutls.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'address@hidden:/srv/git/gnutls.git'
address@hidden:~/src/gnutls master$

Any ideas?

I'm wondering about the 'Project description file' part, I haven't seen
that before.

I suspect trailing blanks on some lines, but I cannot find any.  I also
tested in the 'shishi' repository to push a one-character fix, and I get
the same error.

/Simon