[Savannah-hackers-public] Requirements on media licensing

From: Sebastian Gerhardt
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Requirements on media licensing
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:24:02 +0100

what is Savannah's stance on licensing artwork?
We demand GPL-compatibility for source code and GFDL-compatibility for
documentation. But no specific requirements for media files.

We have a specific case to deal with
where redistribution of modified media is not allowed.
My reaction would be to dismiss the project, but I want to gather
opinions on that first, as I know some FSF/GNU people don't mind
non-free artwork.