Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Help need in Savannah

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Help need in Savannah
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:24:40 +0100

Hi Mario,

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 3:25 AM, Mario Castelán Castro
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Currently I'm the only evaluating the project submitted to savannah to
> check whether they comply to the hosting requirements
> (https://savannah.gnu.org/register/requirements.php).  If they do, I
> approve them, else I explain the need changes and check again when the
> mantainer do upload the updated tarball.

How long does this process take, in a typical case? Is it hard? Do you
have to look at every submitted file? Do you have to dig a lot, or
just a cursory look will do?

> Sometimes I can't evaluate they as they come, and they accumulate.  Is
> hard to mantain the queue short
> (https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?group=administration&category_id=1&status_id=1&set=custom#results).
> I hope you can find some volunteer who helps evaluating projects.

I am not a site admin, but I would like to volunteer if at all
possible. My project (eLyXer) was evaluated pretty quickly and I liked
that; I would like to provide the same experience to new users if at
all possible.

Alex.