Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] renaming GNU speedx to gnukart

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] renaming GNU speedx to gnukart
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 21:03:00 +0200

Hey,

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:58:46AM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hello savannah hackers,
>
> Eric Hutchins (cc'd) is the maintainer of the GNU speedx package.  We'd
> like to rename that package to gnukart.  I will update the maintainers
> file and contact the sysadmins about the ftp.gnu.org directory.  There
> are no mailing lists.  Other issues, though:
>
> 1. Since http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/RenamingProjectGroup has
> dire warnings about having to understand "how savannah works" before
> running the rename_project.sh script, I do not dare run it myself.
> Sylvain (or anyone else who understands, if there is anyone), could you
> please do this?

I just remembered I needed to do this - don't hesitate to ping me if
that happens again.

And indeed, I had to fix a quoting issue in the script, so the warning
is not unjustified yet ;)

You're also raising a valid concern that currently, in spite of the
past work to make the system "square" and get rid of non-standard
setups, I'm the only one available to do this kind of task - probably
because I'm the only permanent system hacker.  We gotta find some new
volunteers for the sysadmin side.

> 2. What, if anything, will Eric need to do from his side after the
> script has been run?

I think you'll need to setup a redirect for
gnu.org/s/speedx -> gnu.org/s/gnukart