Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Setting up bzr+ssh on Savannah.

From: Paul Hummer
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Setting up bzr+ssh on Savannah.
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:05:11 -0600

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:28:46 +0200
Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 09:10:15AM +1200, Robert Collins wrote:
> > On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:47 AM, Karl Fogel <address@hidden>
> > wrote:
> > > Still waiting for answers on the question(s) quoted below.
> > >
> > > Also, I have some upcoming responsiblities that will prevent me
> > > from making much progress on this for the forseeable future.  If
> > > Robert Collins is willing, Sylvain, would you be okay giving him
> > > the same access to the Savannah machines that I have?  He's just
> > > as trustworthy, and frankly he's better qualified to do this
> > > anyway.
> > >
> > > No pressure, Robert.  If you can't take this on, we can ask
> > > around in the Bazaar community.  But you'd be a logical choice,
> > > if you're willing.
> > >
> > > -Karl
> >
> > Generally I would be, but I've been in the middle of moving country,
> > which takes away pretty much all volunteer time :)
> >
> > I've asked in the Bazaar community if there are any volunteers to
> > help with this, and two folk have stepped up. Both are well
> > respected:
> >
> > Toshio is the administrator for the Fedora bzr hosting service, and
> > has offered to help with the initial setup; Paul is one of the
> > developers of the Launchpad code hosting service; so both are well
> > versed in bzr deployments and of good character and reputation.
> >
> > Sylvain, Karl asked about giving me the same access he had, and I
> > hope we can get enough access for Toshio and Paul to get the bzr+ssh
> > service up and migrated too.
>
> Sure.
> Can you precise what they are willing to do?
>
> You mention that Toshio wants to help with the inital setup, but
> that's the easy part - what we're looking for here is somebody willing
> to _maintain_ the service, including handling user requests.

I was under the impression that maintenance was part of what I was
volunteering for.  I can help with whatever you need.

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul Hummer
http://www.paulhummer.org

"Sometimes I suspect that we build our traps ourselves, then we back
into them, pretending amazement the while." -Neil Gaiman