[Savannah-hackers-public] Moving #savannah from FreeNode to OFTC

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Moving #savannah from FreeNode to OFTC
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:12:54 +0200

Hi,

I have issues to connect to FreeNode as I'm running a Tor exit
node. See http://www.beuc.net/tor/ for details.

I contacted the GNU project about it (as irc.gnu.org points to
FreeNode), but RMS decided not to act.  Repeated contacts on #freenode
didn't help.

On the contrary, the OFTC network does detect the use of Tor, but does
not impose cumbersome restrictions on its users.

Consequently, consistent with promoting privacy (and Tor), I propose
to move #savannah from FreeNode to OFTC.

The channel is already registered, it's just a matter of updating our
IRC auto-connects and update the documentation.

What do you think?