Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Moving #savannah from FreeNode to OFTC

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Moving #savannah from FreeNode to OFTC
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:54:32 GMT

    My intrudence in the thread was merely a suggestion to retry/revisit
    the conversation with rms.

That was my initial thought as well.  Upon looking at the old mail, I
get the feeling his attitude is "what we have is fine and I see no need
to change it", instead of "oh, there's a more optimal IRC thing, cool,
we should support it".

If we want to convince rms, we need an actual argument about why Tor (or
whatever) is better, not just that FreeNode admins are being difficult.
Sylvain, my vague understanding from your various msgs is that Tor
offers better privacy.  Is that so?

I am too clueless about IRC to really delve into this, unfortunately.

karl