Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #1090

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10901] Submission of A GNU minimal stack for UDP and/or TCP transactions
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 00:23:40 +0100

Hi Karl,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Karl Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
>     we like to suggest GPLv3 *or later*
>
> To be sure we're all on the same page about this: the "GPLv3" part is a
> suggestion, could be GPLv2.  But the "or later" part is not a
> suggestion, it's a requirement.

Hmmm, did not know that (or knew but had forgotten).

> Put another way, SV-hosted projects should never be GPLvN-only, always
> GPLvN-or-later (or some other license that is GPL-compatible).

I see that the licenses in the combo are GPLv2 or later, and GPLv3 or
later. Maybe it should be made more explicit in the requirements page?
  https://savannah.gnu.org/register/requirements.php
Or if someone will explain how I can edit it.

> Make sense?

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense. By the way, thanks for reviewing my
assignments! It can feel lonely, and 4 eyes are always better than 2.

Alex.