Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #1090

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10901] Submission of A GNU minimal stack for UDP and/or TCP transactions
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 00:47:41 GMT

    Maybe it should be made more explicit in the requirements page?
      https://savannah.gnu.org/register/requirements.php

Sounds like a good idea.  That page has wording now that says "or later"
for the FDL, which is good.

    Or if someone will explain how I can edit it.

That would be great.  The more, the merrier.  The general idea is to
grab a cvs (member) checkout of the "Webpages repository" of the
"administration" project.
https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=administration

Then, poke around in the files until you find the one corresponding to
what you want to edit.  In this case, it's
content/gnu-content/register/requirements.txt
(The checked-in files are usually *.txt, even though the web site is
serving *.php.)

Then it's necessary (I believe -- per the other mail about bzr/index.txt
that I just sent) to update the live checkout manually.  I don't have
the specific commands for that in my head ...

Anyway ... in this particular case, since the requirements page is so
important, could you post a proposed diff before committing it?

Thanks,