[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-users] project approval

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-users] project approval
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:59:40 GMT

(Switching to sv-hackers-public; hackers, see orig msg below.)

Hi LynX,

      As you can see this program works only on Windows and it did not comply
      with "My project runs primarily on a completely free OS".

Indeed.  Although I appreciate the efforts and the extension of Emacs,
my initial reaction is to say that no independent project on savannah
should be Windows-only.

However, I don't know if there is precedent for accepting similar
"Windows extensions of free software" as sv projects.

What do others think?

Thanks,
Karl