Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-register-public] project app

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: [Savannah-register-public] project approval
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 23:47:46 +0100

Hi Michael,

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:11 AM, Michael J. Flickinger <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm going to have to agree here.  I think any policy change should be made
> by consensus via email discussion in a public mailing list, such as
> savannah-hackers-public.  This way we allow for public commentary on any
> proposed changes.  Plus, it adds a level of transparency, which other "free"
> software development management sites lack.

That is true. I withdraw my appeal to authority and apologize for such
a crude resource.

> Personally, I sort of see windows-only-software as a dependency issue. If a
> project is for "windows only", then windows becomes a requirement to run the
> software.  When you really boil it down, if a package will only run on
> windows, then windows becomes a non-free dependency, which I have trouble
> with... especially since it's the operating system...

Apparently I am in the minority here, so I withdraw my suggestion for
a new rule. Thanks for an interesting discussion which has wandered in
directions different than the usual, and where hopefully we have all
learned a little bit (I know I have).

Alex.