Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Sabbatical and new project registrations

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Sabbatical and new project registrations
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 22:07:31 +0200

Hi all,

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Jim Meyering <address@hidden> wrote:
> Alex Fernandez wrote:
>> Hi people,
>>
>> I have been busy lately with other projects, and I could not devote
>> any real time to Savannah registration tasks. It appears that nobody
>> else did, and as a result new projects have been piling up (65 open as
>> of this writing, 29 with status None). Furthermore, the situation is
>> not about to improve on my side: I am not going to be able to devote
>> time to Savannah for the next few months. So I'm planning to take a
>> sabbatical period as Savannah admin until I can do a thorough job.
>>
>> Meanwhile our users are expecting us to review their submissions,
>> which is fortunate for Savannah as new blood is entering the system.
>> But the process is too time-consuming as it is and it requires too
>> much hand holding; as a suggestion, perhaps it could be simplified. I
>> am planning to clear the queue for all projects that have been
>> registered so far, so that any new people willing to take over the job
>> can do so without a huge burden. Let me know if this is OK with you.
>>
>> I will continue using Savannah regularly as part of my project eLyXer,
>> even if it is rather in maintenance mode. Thanks for everything, and
>> keep up the good work!
>
> Hi Alex,
> Sorry to hear that you're taking a break from Savannah.
> It's very good of you to do all of that work to clear the queue.
> Very nice gesture.

Thanks!

As of today, the queue is empty of pending submissions; there are some
postponed submissions and a number of pending reviews, but nothing
pressing. I will take care of Quint if it's resubmitted. I will also
keep an eye on Savannah lists as time permits. I would prefer to keep
the @gnu.org address and the admin status, in case I have some time in
the future. I intend to come back, at least when I retire in a few
decades ;)

Alex.