Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr access problems

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] bzr access problems
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 14:56:12 +1100

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Martin Pool <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Could you please file a bug with those details on Launchpad.

I gather you mean against the bzr project? Will do.

> What happens if you get a fresh checkout of emacs into a new
> repository?  That's working for me.

I cannot get one! Both bzr pull and bzr branch exit with the same
error. One of the first things I tried was to try and get a totally
fresh copy in case something was messed up in my local branch, but
with no luck

The only way I've been able to get updates is via the git mirror of
the bzr repository.

>> - I only see this error on my work system, which has a fast internet
>> connection.
>
> I'm going to provisionally guess the problem is something connected to
> your work network, since only you are seeing it at the moment.
> Perhaps there is some kind of firewall that's interfering?  It's
> strange it is disconnecting you only after a few round trips but there
> are some things that could make that happen - perhaps SPI or it is
> interacting badly with the tcp window opening.

I will talk to our network guys and see what I can find out. However,
it would seem weird if its my network as I don't have any problems
accessing bzr repositories anywhere else - for example, I updated from
a launchpad repository today without any problems. It seems to be
restricted to just repositories hosted on savannah.

Tim

--
Tim Cross