Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Email on fencepost hosed?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Email on fencepost hosed?
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 09:11:23 +0300

> Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 14:01:50 -0600
> From: Bob Proulx <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> mail to the @gnu.org addres should have been working okay (doesn't
> involve fencepost)

I wasn't (and still am not) sure this was so, at least not for me.  My
inbox stayed empty during all that time, although by watching list
archives I saw traffic on mailing lists to which I am subscribed.  So
clearly something was wrong with incoming mail as well.  Doesn't it go
through exim that crashed?

Also, messages I sent directly from fencepost (from Emacs running
there) did seem to arrive, at least to one mailing list to which I
posted.  How did that work, when exim was down?  Do local clients use
some other MTA?

Thanks for the other explanations.