Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git over https

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git over https
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 01:50:44 -0700

Bob Proulx wrote:
> This isn't the final configuration though since this uses the package
> installed git, which should be fine but doesn't support shallow clones
> with --depth 1 yet as of the OS Trisquel 7 release with git 1.9.1.
> Therefore we are using git from a Debian Jessie Stable chroot with git
> 2.1.4.  The reason to use the chroot is to get a stable release with a
> community supported security release stream.  Therefore I need to
> point it to the custom version from the chroot.  Then everything
> should be working.

Done.  I tinkered this into working using the custom git and with that
shallow clones with --depth 1 work with http and https now too.

I think I will let things simmer for a bit yet before making any wide
announcements.  Just in case there is a more serious problem and we
have to revert.  That way people won't lose functionality.

Bob