Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] A public anonimized savane database for fu

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] A public anonimized savane database for future development
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 13:09:50 -0600

Assaf Gordon wrote:
> I'm resuming my attempts at creating a snapshot of the savane mysql
> database, after reducing it to a minimal set of items and removing
> personal user information from it.
>
> Such database would ease future development of savannah
> web features.

I completely agree that having a sample and fake database of data is
something that is really useful for development.  However it worries
me to try to make anonymous real data.  It always seems to be the case
that it can never be made anonymous enough.

I would much prefer it if we had a fake data generator that would
generate as much database data as we desired.  These are often used on
projects such as this.  Since we would be generating the fake data
there would be no danger of actual exposure of real data.

Bob