Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [sr #109288] Import trackers to the GetFEM

From: Konstantinos Poulios
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [sr #109288] Import trackers to the GetFEM project
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2017 19:28:55 +0200

Hi, this is about importing trackers from gna.org.

Given the fact that gna.org is shutting down, one can expect that:

1) more projects will be in the same situation as we are with the GetFEM project
2) the admins of gna will not be able to contribute very much --if at all-- to project migration

Dropping the history of projects migrating from gna.org is a very poor solution.

Regarding our own project we suggested to import the trackers content from the xml files we exported from gna (see forwarded ticket).

We could also download all attachments by downloading the links extracted e.g. for the bugs tracker with:

grep -Po "(?<=Added ).*, #[0-9]*(?=</new_value>)" bugs_utf8.xml | sed 's/^/https:\/\/gna.org\/file\//' | sed 's/, #/?file_id=/' > bugs_attachments.txt

Assaf suggested that we ask the gna admins for a MYSQL dump of our project. If we are given specific SQL commands to forward to the gna admins, we can do that. However it is probable that we do not get the help we expect.

If the gna admins do not have the time for this indeed, one alternative would be that they provide access to their site to some of you savannah-hackers that they can trust.

BR
Kostas

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 6:35 PM, Assaf Gordon <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is it possible to import the attached xml dumps from gna.org to
> the new trackers?

Not to my knowledge.

IMHO it would be easier if you can get gna.org's admins to get you a dump of
the MySQL database entries that relate to your project.

If you want to pursue that route, write to address@hiddenorg and
we'll continue from there (e.g. come up with relevant SQL commands).

regards,
 - assaf

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109288>

  Message sent via/by Savannah