Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Help site

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Help site
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 21:41:29 -0400

Hello Jefferson,

(I'm moving the discussion to the address@hidden list).

> On Apr 25, 2017, at 15:47, Jefferson rocha <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi, I'm web developer and I would like to help Savannah.
> How to proceed?

Thank you for writing and offering to help - much needed and much appreciated.

I think the best place to start is to try and run the website locally,
as explained here:
 http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/RunningSavaneLocally/
This will allow you to hack on the PHP code locally and experiment with
improvements quickly. If something doesn't work for you with these
instructions please let us know.

There are many places for improvements, some are listed here:
 http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SavannahHackingIdeas/

There's also an attempt to create a proof-of-concept interface
using python/flask:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2017-03/msg00051.html

If you have other interests or features you'd like to add - please feel free
to work on those and send patches.