Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] VCS for web pages [was: [task #14586] svn

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] VCS for web pages [was: [task #14586] svn import for gnustep-nonfsf]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 21:41:56 GMT

    With current issues related to vcs load, I think CVS may have
    substantial advantages over Git (not sure for Subversion).

For the record, Subversion has the same advantages as (and many fewer
disadvantages than) CVS. It is no problem to check out a single
subdirectory; you just do it. As in CVS.

That is not to say we should not, in principle, support git for web
pages. Many people want it. -k