Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Write permission error in web CVS

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Write permission error in web CVS
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 13:48:58 -0400

On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 05:49:24PM +0200, Thérèse Godefroy wrote:

> On July 22, I created files (gbehistun.html and .symlinks) in the web
> CVS repo of gbehistun, to avoid 404 errors when trying to access the
> package home page.
>
> Later on, I tried to do the same thing for metalogic-inference and
> oo-browser, but the commits failed:
> cvs commit: ERROR: cannot write file
> /webcvs/oo-browser/metalogic-inference/metalogic-inference.html,v:
> Permission denied
> etc.

getfacl gbehistun/gbehistun said
# file: ../oo-browser/
# owner: root
# group: oo-browser
# flags: -s-
user::rwx
group::rwx
group:www:rwx
mask::rwx
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:group::rwx
default:group:www:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::r-x

For metalogic-interference and oo-browser, acl wasn't set;
I've just run
getfacl gbehistun/gbehistun/ \
 | setfacl --set-file=- metalogic-inference/metalogic-inference/

getfacl gbehistun/gbehistun/ | setfacl --set-file=- oo-browser/oo-browser/

Please try again.